We need a cat sitter for a week, *and we're willing to pay someone £100 to do it!*
Link is a gorgeous, independent stripey monster with cute stamped all over him, and we have the honour of living in his house in Brunstane. We're going on holiday from Feb 20th - 27th, and he needs someone else to come to the house and feed him, let him in and out, play with him, and gratefully accept the affection he bestows on the lucky few - preferably someone who is happy to stay overnight for the week.
Here's why our house is fab for Derby girls (and guys):
* it's near JK and QMU
* it's got great public transport: Brunstane station, just 7 mins train ride from the city, the 44 and 5 buses, and the Innocent Railway cycle path nearby
* we have a media PC stocked up with every movie you could think of, and stacks of fun geeky telly shows (classics like Firefly, Farscape and Lost, through to eclectic geekery/drama like Terra Nova, Greys Anatomy, House, Family Guy, Mad Men, How I Met Your Mother, Community, True Blood, West Wing and many many more. You can have a week of catching up on all your fave shows. We can procure almost any show/movie you want to catch up on if you give us 2-3 days notice...
* Our well stocked kitchen comes with things like a slow cooker, a bread maker and an espresso machine, as well as a dryer for getting all your derby kit dry quickly.
* The massive Jewel Asda is just a 7 minute walk away, and there are local shops about a minute's walk from the house for staples like milk, bread and booze.
* There's a £100 payment in it as a token of our gratitude that Link's not had to go to a cattery for a week.
We're hoping that there's a super-trustworthy person out there in the Derby crowd who might enjoy a week-long holiday in a house with a garden, who's willing to look after our bundle of stripy fur in his own environment, whether you want a break from flatmates, or just want to vege out somewhere comfy with some good telly.
UPDATE: We've looked into kennels, and we hate the idea of putting Link into a tiny room for a week. We're willing to offer someone £100 (which is how much the kennels would cost us) to come and cat-sit for Link for a week.